Winter Water Damage: 3 Disastrous Causes To Know About
Our SERVPRO professionals can be at your property in a matter of minutes when you suffer from water damage.
As winter approaches, Atlanta residents must know what can cause winter water damage.
Wintertime brings many fun family activities, holidays, and traditions. But, before preparing for the holiday festivities, assessing potential areas for winter water damage in your home helps ensure your gatherings take place as planned!
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta know firsthand that water damage is a common issue that can occur in any season. But there are particular causes in winter because of the dropping temperatures, snow, and ice—these can all lead to roof leaks and pipe bursts. Knowing the top three causes of winter water damage can help you prevent disaster from happening in the first place!
In the following blog post, we will review the top three causes of water damage in the winter and what you can do to prevent winter water damage in your home.
The signs of winter water damage
Water damage is extremely destructive to a property's structure when it is not promptly mitigated and restored. Some of the clear, distinct signs of winter water damage are:
- Water stains on the ceiling or walls
- Peeling paint
- Cracked plaster
- Warped floors
- Mold and mildew growth
If you notice any of these signs in your home, you must immediately call a professional water damage restoration company. They can help ensure your property doesn’t suffer further damage by removing the water, addressing the leak’s cause, and drying out your property.
The 3 leading causes of winter water damage
Now that you know the signs of winter water damage let's review the three leading causes.
1) Ice dams
An ice dam is one of the most common winter weather-related causes of water damage. Ice dams form when the heat from your home melts the snow on your roof. The melted snow then runs down to the edge of your roof, refreezing away from the warmth and forming a wall of ice. This wall of ice prevents any additional melting snow from draining off your roof, causing this melted water to back up and eventually leak into your home through the eaves, soffits, and shingles. Keeping the appropriate temperature in your attic by ensuring that your attic is adequately ventilated will prevent an ice dam from causing winter water damage in your home.
2) Frozen pipes
Another leading cause of winter water damage is frozen pipes. Frozen pipes can burst and lead to significant flooding in your home, particularly in the basement. The key preventative measure here is insulating exposed pipes to prevent them from freezing. It would help if you also allowed water to run through any faucets on exterior walls, as this flow will help prevent the pipes from freezing.
3) Water infiltration due to melted snow
The third leading cause of winter water damage is water infiltration due to melted snow. Melted snow can leak into your home through cracks in the foundation, gaps in the windows or doors, or any other openings. Therefore, it is best to ensure all cracks in your foundation and any gaps around your windows and doors are correctly sealed to prevent water from finding its way into your home. You should also regularly check your gutters to ensure they are clear of debris so that melting snow can drain properly.
How SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta can help combat winter water damage
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta is a professional water damage restoration company that can help you to mitigate and restore winter water damage in your home. We have extensive experience in water damage restoration, and our team of experts will work quickly and efficiently to get your home back to its pre-damage condition.
We understand that winter water damage can be devastating, and we are here to help you through every step of the restoration process. If you are experiencing winter water damage in your home, please contact us today for a free, no-obligation assessment. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and we will respond to your call immediately.
Preventing Restaurant Water Damage With 5 Simple Tips
The professionals at SERVPRO are on call to help you when your restaurant has water damage!
Water damage in a restaurant can be a significant problem—it can cause structural damage and lead to mold growth.
Restaurants are susceptible to water damage for many reasons. A broken pipe, a faulty dishwasher, or a roof leak can all cause water damage. The best way to prevent restaurant water damage is by being proactive and knowing what to look out for before water damage happens in the first place.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta want to help ensure your restaurant is protected from water damage, so we've put together this list of five tips for preventing restaurant water damage:
- Install a water detection system
- Check for plumbing leaks
- Inspect appliances regularly
- Maintain clean gutters
- Frequently inspect the roof
In this blog post, we will go over these tips in more detail and describe what you can do when your property faces restaurant water damage.
What does restaurant water damage look like?
Water damage can wreak havoc on a restaurant’s day-to-day operations. Not only can it cause structural damage, but it can also lead to the growth of mold and bacteria. Water damage can also lead to loss of business if the restaurant closes for repairs.
Restaurants are particularly susceptible to water damage because of their layout and the many appliances and equipment they contain. For example, a broken pipe, a faulty dishwasher, or a roof leak can quickly cause water damage.
Some common signs of restaurant water damage include:
- Water spots on the ceiling
- Standing water on the floor
- Excess moisture on the walls
- Warped baseboards of walls
- Soft drywall
- A damp, musty smell
If you see any of these signs, call the experts immediately. With our advanced moisture detection technology, we can find the source of the water and ensure the excess moisture doesn’t affect your operations!
Preventing restaurant water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta want to help protect your restaurant from water damage. Here is a list of five tips we put together for preventing restaurant water damage:
- Install a water alarm. A water alarm is a device that will alert you when it detects moisture or water infiltration. A water alarm can help you quickly identify and address potential water leaks. These crucial devices have proved instrumental in preventing restaurant closures due to water infiltration.
- Check for plumbing leaks. Since plumbing leaks are one of a restaurant's most common causes of water damage, check your pipes regularly for signs of leakage.
- Inspect appliances regularly. Appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators can sometimes leak water, leading to severe water damage. Make sure to inspect these appliances regularly for signs of cracks or degradation.
- Maintain gutters and drains. Clogged gutters and drains can cause water to back up and overflow, leading to water damage indoors. Make sure to keep your gutters and drains clear so water can flow freely.
- Inspect the roof regularly. A faulty roof can allow water to seep into the building, leading to severe water damage. Have your roof inspected twice a year at a minimum for any signs of wear or leaks.
These five tips can help reduce the risk of water damage in your restaurant!
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta can help combat restaurant water damage
Before restaurant water damage occurs, we recommend you have a contingency plan for water emergencies and train your staff on proper procedures in case of a flood or other water damage situation.
Act quickly to mitigate the damage when your restaurant suffers from water damage; the faster you act, the less damage your restaurant will suffer. SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta is a water damage restoration company that specializes in helping restaurants recover from water damage. We have the training, experience, and equipment necessary to restore your restaurant to its pre-damaged state.
We understand restaurants' unique challenges regarding water damage, and we are here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our water damage restoration services.
Floor Damage Repair: The #1 Best Company For Flooring Restoration
The professionals at SERVPRO can help you repair or replace your damaged flooring!
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta offers floor damage repair services for all types of flooring.
Flooring is an integral part of any home or office. Not only does it provide a surface for walking and working, but it also contributes to the overall aesthetic of the space. Therefore, keeping your flooring in good condition is essential to ensure your home or business looks its best.
Unfortunately, flooring is often one of the first places to show wear and tear. Over time, foot traffic can scuff and damage flooring, and spillages can leave unsightly stains. In some cases, flooring can even be damaged by water leaks or mold exposure.
The following blog post will go over floor damage repair in more detail and introduce you to the different types of flooring that we can restore. But before we begin, if your flooring requires repair, choosing a reputable company specializing in floor damage repair is essential.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta have years of experience repairing all types of flooring, from hardwood and laminate to carpet and tile. We understand the importance of flooring in your home or business, and we'll work quickly and efficiently to restore your flooring to its original condition.
The top five causes of floor damage
Flooring can become damaged for several reasons. Here are the top five most common causes of floor damage that the SERVPRO professionals have seen:
- Water damage: Water damage is one of the most common causes of floor damage. Whether it's from a leaky roof or a burst pipe, water can cause warping and staining.
- Pet damage: Pets can be very hard on flooring. Their claws can scratch and gouge wood floors, and their accidents can stain and damage many types of flooring when left sitting.
- Wear and tear: Over time, flooring will inevitably show signs of wear and tear. Common indications of wear and tear include scratches, scuffs, and stains.
- Fire damage: Fire damage is another common cause of floor damage. Flames can quickly destroy flooring, and the soot and smoke from a fire can also cause extensive damage.
- Mold damage: Mold damage is the final most common cause of floor damage. Mold can grow on any type of flooring, and it should only be removed with the help of a professional.
Steps to take when your property has floor damage
When floor damage occurs, it's essential to take the following steps:
- Call a professional floor damage repair company that understands their way around insurance claims.
- Do not try to repair the floor yourself. Attempting to make your own repairs can often make the problem worse.
- Do not walk on the floor if it is wet or has been damaged by fire, water, or mold. Walking on unstable flooring can cause further damage and potential injuries.
- Take pictures of the floor damage so you can document it for your insurance claim.
Why SERPVRO is the best company for floor damage repair
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta is the best company in Atlanta for floor damage repair. We have the experience and expertise to repair all types of flooring, from hardwood and laminate to tile and carpet. On top of that, we have the equipment and resources to handle any size floor damage repair job.
We understand that floor damage can be a stressful and disruptive event, which is why we'll work quickly and efficiently to get your flooring looking like new again. When you choose us for floor damage repair services you will be getting:
- A company that is certified by the IICRC.
- A company that is backed by a national franchise system.
- A company with an A+ rating from the BBB.
- A company with over 50 years of combined experience.
So if you need floor damage repair, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta! We are available 24/7 and will be there to help you when you need us the most.
Freezing Pipes: The #1 Best Way to Prevent Your Pipes From Freezing
The professionals at SERVPRO are here to help you combat water damage caused by freezing pipes.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta are here to help you with your freezing pipes and the damage they cause.
It's that time of year again when we must start thinking about the winter season and freezing pipes. As the temperatures change from warm to cold, your pipes may start to freeze and burst.
We help numerous property owners with frozen and broken pipes during the winter season. Unfortunately, this is a prevalent problem that, if not taken care of immediately, can cause thousands of dollars in damage to your home or office.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta know that the best way to avoid water damage this winter is by being educated and prepared. Therefore, in the following blog post, we will discuss essential information regarding freezing pipes and how to prevent them.
At what temperature do pipes freeze?
The temperature at which pipes freeze can vary depending on how well insulated your pipes are. However, most experts agree that freezing pipes typically occur when temperatures are below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are several indications that your pipes may be frozen. Here is a list of some common signs:
- Frost on the exterior of the pipe
- Low water pressure
- Strange noises coming from the pipe
If you think your pipes are frozen, take immediate action. The longer you wait, the more damage will manifold.
How can I prevent my pipes from freezing?
There are a few ways you can prevent your pipes from freezing. But the number one best way is to insulate your pipes. To ensure your pipes are well insulated, you will want to install a PE pipe insulation product. These products are relatively cheap compared to undergoing water damage repair.
Another way to prevent freezing pipes is running water from your faucets when the temperature outside is below freezing. Running water may seem wasteful and counterproductive, but it helps because running water will prevent your pipes from freezing.
A third great way to prevent freezing pipes is to keep the temperature in your home at a consistent level, especially during cold snaps. Lastly, we recommend shutting off the water supply and draining your property's pipes if you're away from home for an extended period.
Steps to take when experiencing water damage caused by freezing pipes?
If you experience water damage caused by freezing pipes, it is vital to take action right away. Here are a few steps you should take after you've discovered freezing pipes and water damage:
- Shut off the water supply - Shutting off the water supply will help minimize the damage to your property.
- Call a water damage company - A water damage company experienced in handling freezing pipes that lead to water damage will be able to help you get your property back to its original condition.
- Contact your insurance agent - Your insurance policy may cover your water damage claim. The sooner you contact your agent, the sooner they can begin the claims process.
Trust the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta to help combat water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta have taken the time to put together this blog post to ensure that you and your property stay dry and warm this winter season. As an IICRC-certified firm, we understand the importance of taking quick action to prevent further damage from freezing pipes.
As we mentioned earlier, the number one way to prevent freezing pipes and the water damage they cause is by ensuring that your pipes are well insulated. However, if you find yourself dealing with freezing pipes and water damage this winter, don't hesitate to give us a call!
Our highly trained technicians are available 24/7 to work quickly to get your property back to its original condition. Contact us today to schedule an estimate!
5 Signs of Moisture Damage in Your Home
The professionals at SERVPRO are always available for a moisture damage estimate!
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta can help you detect and remove moisture damage in your home before it's too late.
Throughout the years of providing water damage restoration services, we have found that moisture damage is common in many Atlanta homes without homeowners' awareness. Moisture damage can cause many problems in a home, including permanent structural damage. Therefore, identifying the five most common signs of moisture damage early on is essential to protect your home and prevent future issues.
The five common signs of moisture damage are:
- Water stains or discoloration on walls, ceilings, or floors
- Peeling paint or wallpaper
- Growth of mold or mildew
- Warping or buckling of floors, walls, or ceilings
- Bug infestation
In the following blog post, we will take a closer look at these five signs to help you identify moisture damage in your home before it's too late. If you have any questions or want immediate water damage assistance, get in touch with SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta. We are always here to help!
What is moisture damage?
Moisture damage is any water-related damage that can occur in your home, including damage caused by a leaky roof, a broken pipe, or flooding. If left untreated, moisture damage can cause permanent structural damage to your home and other significant problems.
The five most common signs of moisture damage
Now that you are familiar with what moisture damage is, let's take a closer look at the five most common signs that moisture damage has occurred in your home.
1) Water stains or discoloration on walls, ceilings, or floors
One of the most common signs of moisture damage is water stains or discoloration on walls, ceilings, or floors. If you notice any water stains in your home, it's crucial to investigate the cause and take steps to fix the issue. In addition, leaks usually cause water stains, so it's essential to find and repair the source of the leak as soon as possible.
2) Peeling paint or wallpaper
Another common sign of moisture damage is peeling paint or wallpaper. If you notice that the paint or wallpaper in your home is peeling, it's a good idea to check for moisture damage. Peeling paint or wallpaper can be caused by high humidity levels, so it's crucial to ensure that your home is well-ventilated.
3) Mold or mildew growth
Mold and mildew growth is another common sign of moisture damage. If you notice mold or mildew in your home, it's essential to take steps to remove it and prevent it from coming back. Mold and mildew can cause serious problems, so ensuring your home is clean and moisture-free is essential.
4) Warping or buckling of floors, walls, or ceilings
Warping or buckling floors, walls, or ceilings are another common sign of moisture damage. If you notice any warping or buckling in your home, it's crucial to investigate the cause and take steps to fix the issue.
5) Bug infestation
A common sign of moisture damage is a bug infestation. If you notice bugs in your home, it's essential to take steps to remove them and prevent them from coming back. Bugs are attracted to moisture, so it's vital to ensure that your home is clean and free of moisture.
Preventing moisture damage
As you can see, moisture damage can cause many problems in your home. Keeping your home dry and well-ventilated is essential to prevent moisture damage. Some tips for preventing moisture damage include:
- Fixing any leaks in your home as soon as possible.
- Checking for moisture regularly and taking steps to dry wet areas.
- Ventilating your home to reduce moisture buildup.
- Using a dehumidifier to control humidity levels.
- Keep gutters clean and free of debris.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta can help combat moisture damage
We covered a lot of information on moisture damage, including the common signs that moisture damage has occurred in your home. Those common signs are:
- Water stains or discoloration on walls, ceilings, or floors
- Peeling paint or wallpaper
- Growth of mold or mildew
- Warping or buckling of floors, walls, or ceilings
- Bug infestation
We also discussed ways to prevent moisture damage in your home because prevention is the number one best way to keep moisture damage from happening. However, if moisture damage occurs in your home, don't hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta.
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta is an IICRC accredited firm, and our team of professionals has the training and experience necessary to help you combat moisture damage. We are available 24/7, 365 days a year, so don't hesitate to contact us.
5 Apartment Water Damage Prevention Tips For Property Managers
The professionals at SERVPRO are here to help combat apartment water damage!
Recover from apartment water damage quickly with help from SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta!
Property managers have a lot on their plate. Between overseeing repairs, dealing with tenants, and handling finances, it's no wonder that some things can slip through the cracks. Unfortunately, one of those things that can often go overlooked is water damage prevention.
Water damage prevention can help save you time and money in the long run, and it's something that every property manager should take seriously. This blog post will give you five tips for preventing water damage in your apartment complex. Water damage can be a massive headache for property managers, costing time and money in repairs and disrupting tenants' lives. Keep reading to learn more!
What is apartment water damage?
Apartment water damage is any water damage that occurs in an apartment complex. We have witnessed water damage in apartment complexes come from a variety of sources, including:
- Leaky pipes
- Flat roof leaks
- Clogged drainage systems
- Broken or malfunctioning appliances
- Heavy rains or flooding
Apartment water damage often causes extensive damage, leading to costly repairs and disrupted lives. Therefore, property managers must be aware of the signs of apartment water damage to take corrective action before it becomes a bigger problem. Some common indicators of water damage include:
- Wet spots on walls or ceilings
- Sticky surfaces
- Mold or mildew growth
- A musty odor
- Water dripping or seeping from walls or ceilings.
Five tips to prevent apartment water damage
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta have seen firsthand the devastation apartment water damage can cause. That's why we're sharing our top five tips for preventing apartment water damage in your complex:
- Check pipes regularly for leaks.
- Inspect roofs and gutters regularly for leaks or clogs
- Educate tenants on the importance of water damage prevention
- Regularly inspect appliances for leaks or damage.
- Test your sump pump to ensure it's working properly
What to do if you experience apartment water damage
When an apartment complex experiences water damage, it's important to act quickly to minimize the damage. Here are essential steps to follow when you experience apartment water damage:
- Call a professional: First and foremost, it's essential to call a professional water damage restoration company with the training and equipment to quickly and efficiently clean up water damage.
- Turn off the water source: If you can identify the water source, be sure to turn it off. Turning off the water source will help prevent further damage.
- Remove wet items: Once the water has been turned off, remove any wet items from the apartment, including carpeting, furniture, and electronics.
- Begin drying the area: Use fans and dehumidifiers to dry the apartment as quickly as possible. Drying out the area will help prevent mold and mildew growth.
Apartment water damage doesn't have to be a headache. Following these tips can help prevent apartment water damage in your complex.
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta: water damage restoration experts!
We hope you found this blog post helpful. We understand that property managers have a lot on their plate, and we're here to help! If your apartment complex has experienced water damage, don't hesitate to call the experts at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta. We are experts in commercial water damage and will work quickly to restore your apartment complex back to its original condition.
When you choose to hire us, we will:
- Extract the water from your apartment complex
- Dry out your apartment complex
- Repair any damage caused by the water
- Restore your apartment complex to its original condition
Apartment water damage can be challenging to navigate. That's why we're here to help, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Contact us today!
5 Action Steps to Take When a Tree Falls on Your Property
The storm damage team at SERVPRO is available 24/7 for emergency services!
When a tree falls on your property, it can cause extensive damage.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta are handling hundreds of calls a month on a regular basis. However, the calls always increase after a storm passes through Atlanta. During this time, we will receive an influx of calls regarding flooding, roof leaks, and fallen tree damage.
Fallen trees can damage property in several ways. The tree itself can cause damage, as well as the branches and leaves. Fallen trees and limbs can cause extensive damage to a property, such as causing broken windows and roof tiles and water damage from the rain.
We put together the following blog post so that an Atlanta property owner knows what to do when a tree falls on their property.
What is fallen tree damage?
As we stated earlier, a tree that has fallen can cause significant damage to your home. But what exactly is this type of damage? Fallen tree damage is physical damage caused by a tree that has fallen on your property. Fallen tree damage can include the tree itself and any branches or leaves that broke off.
The damage caused by a fallen tree can be minor, such as a few broken shingles. But it can also be significant, such as a large hole in your roof or a broken window. Fallen tree damage can also lead to water damage, as rain can enter your home through the damaged areas.
Is fallen tree damage covered by insurance?
Your property insurance should cover damages affected by a fallen tree. However, there are some reasons for the denial of a property damage claim. Therefore, it's always best to check with your insurance company to see if they will cover the damage caused by a fallen tree.
The five steps to take when a tree falls on your property
We have put together the following five steps for property owners to take when a tree falls on their property:
Step 1. Assess the damages: The first thing you will want to do is assess the damages. You will want to look at the damage to your home and any damage to vehicles or other property. During this time, you will also want to ensure that area is clear of any debris.
Step 2. Call your insurance company: Once you have assessed the damages, you will want to call your insurance company. They will be able to help you file a claim and get the repair process started.
Step 3. Document the damages: Be sure to take pictures or videos of the damages. Your insurance adjuster will use your documentation to support your insurance claim.
Step 4. Call a professional restoration company: It's essential to call a professional restoration company, to remove the tree and repair the damage. The right team of professionals should have the experience and equipment to handle any size job.
Step 5. Make temporary repairs: Once the restoration company has removed the tree and ensured that the area is safe, you can start making quick repairs by covering any holes in your roof with a tarp or boarding up broken windows.
How can the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta help restore fallen tree damage?
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta have experience handling all types of fallen tree damage. We have the knowledge and equipment to quickly remove the tree and restore your property back to its pre-storm condition.
When you choose to hire us for storm damage restoration, you will receive:
- A storm damage assessment
- 24/7 emergency services
- A thorough insurance estimate
- A team of IICRC certified and experienced restoration professionals
If you experience fallen tree damage, give us a call today or fill out the form on our contact page!
5 Tips To Identify and Solve Crawlspace Water Damage Issues
The professionals at SERVPRO are available 24/7 to combat water damage!
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta know how severe crawlspace water damage can be.
If you've ever had water damage in your home, you know how devastating it can be. Water damage can cause severe structural problems in your home and create an ideal environment for mold growth. However, by identifying the source of the water damage and taking corrective action, you can protect your home and keep your family safe from the effects of mold.
The crawlspace is one of the most common areas of a home to experience water damage. Crawlspaces are located at or below ground level and can be susceptible to flooding or leaks. SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta has seen firsthand the damage water can do to a crawlspace. In the following blog post, we've put together some tips to help you identify and solve water damage issues in your crawlspace.
What is crawlspace water damage?
Crawlspace water damage is water intrusion into your home's crawlspace. Common causes include flooding, rainwater, or leaking pipes or appliances. If you don't address crawlspace water damage, it can lead to several severe problems in your home, including:
- Structural damage: Water can weaken the structural integrity of your home, leading to costly repairs.
- Mold growth: Mold can cause a wide range of structural issues
- Pest infestation: Water can attract pests, such as termites, to your home.
- Increased energy costs: Water damage can cause your heating and cooling system to work harder, leading to higher energy bills.
Tips to identify crawlspace water damage
There are a few key signs that you can look for to identify crawlspace water damage:
- Water stains on the walls or ceiling: Water stains are one of the most obvious signs of water damage. If you see water stains on the walls or ceiling of your crawlspace, it's a good indication of water damage.
- Mold growth: Mold loves damp, dark environments, so if you see mold growing in your crawlspace, it's a good sign that there is water damage.
- Musty odors: If your crawlspace has a musty smell, it could be due to mold or mildew.
- Sagging floors: If the floors in your home are sagging or buckling, it could be a sign of crawlspace water damage.
- Peeling paint: If the paint in your crawlspace is peeling or bubbling, it could be a sign of water damage.
If you see any of these signs in your crawlspace, it's essential to take action to repair the water damage as soon as possible.
Solving a crawlspace water damage issue
Once you've identified that there is water damage in your crawlspace, the next step is to take action to repair the damage and prevent future water intrusion.
- Remove standing water: If there is any standing water in your crawlspace, it's essential to remove it as soon as possible. Remove standing water with a wet/dry vac or a sump pump.
- Repair the source of the water damage: Once you've removed the standing water, it's essential to repair the source of the water damage. For example, if there is a leak in a pipe or appliance, it needs to be repaired. Likewise, if the water damage is due to flooding, you should install a sump pump to prevent future flooding.
- Dry out the crawlspace: Once the source of the water damage has been repaired, it's essential to dry out the crawlspace. You can dry out a crawlspace with a dehumidifier and fans to allow air to circulate.
- Inspect for mold growth: Once the crawlspace is dry, it's essential to inspect for mold growth. If you see any mold, it should be removed by a mold remediation professional.
- Take preventive measures: Common preventive measures include installing a vapor barrier, proper drainage, and sealing any cracks or openings in the foundation.
How the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta help with crawlspace water damage
When it comes to crawlspace water damage, it's essential to trust the experts. The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta have the experience and training to identify and repair water damage. We will work quickly to remove the water and dry out your crawlspace. We will also inspect for mold growth and take preventive measures to prevent future water damage.
As an IICRC-certified firm, you can count on us to properly repair your water damage and prevent further damage.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Firework Fire Damage: 5 Amazing 4th of July Safety Tips
Contact the professionals at SERVPRO for any size fire restoration job!
As we celebrate the 4th of July, let's not forget about firework fire damage.
The 4th of July is a time for celebration, but it can also be a time for disaster. Every year, there are countless reports of firework-related fires and injuries. In fact, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that firework fires cause millions in property damage each year.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta are here to help you celebrate safely this year. However, in the event that fire does occur, we are fire and water damage restoration experts who can help you recover.
If you're planning on setting off fireworks this Independence Day, make sure to follow the five safety tips mentioned in this blog post to avoid firework fire damage.
The five safety tips to avoid firework fire damage
The professionals at SERVPRO know that the leading cause of firework fire damage is when they are poorly handled. Therefore, always handle fireworks with care, and follow these five safety tips:
1) Purchase fireworks from a reputable source.
Make sure you buy your fireworks from a reputable source. Quality fireworks will ensure they will not explode or start a fire. Homemade fireworks are more likely to cause damage than store-bought fireworks.
2) Follow the instructions
When setting off fireworks, follow the instructions on the back of the packaging. Following instructions will help to ensure that the firework is used correctly and will not start a fire.
3) Have a fire extinguisher or bucket of water on hand
If a fire starts, it is essential to have a fire extinguisher or a bucket of water on hand. After the fireworks show, you want to put water on the fireworks to prevent fire damage.
4) Do not use fireworks near buildings or flammable objects.
When igniting fireworks, you want to ensure that they are lit off in an open area, away from buildings and flammable objects. We suggest only setting off fireworks at a distance of at least 30 yards from any building to avoid fire damage.
5) Dispose of fireworks properly.
After the fireworks show, it is essential to dispose of them properly. Once the firework has been used, douse it with water and place it in a metal trash can. Proper disposal will help to prevent a fire from starting.
What should you do if a fire does occur this July 4th?
If fire damage occurs this July 4th, you will want first to prioritize the safety of yourself and your family. Then, once everyone is safe and away from the fire, you will want to contact the local fire department to come and extinguish the fire.
After the fire department leaves, you will want to:
- Contact your homeowner's insurance
- Contact a reliable fire restoration company
- Document the damages with photos and videos
Let the experts at SERVPRO of Downton Atlanta help with your firework fire damage.
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta are here to help when firework fire damage occurs this July 4th. We are an IICRC-certified fire and water damage restoration company that specializes in helping property owners recover from fire damage. We have the training, experience, and equipment necessary to restore your property to its pre-fire condition.
When you call us, we will immediately dispatch a crew of fire restoration experts to your property. Once on scene, our team will assess the fire damage and develop an action plan. We will then begin the fire restoration process, which includes:
- Cleaning up debris
- Repairing fire damage
- Restoring fire-damaged items
If you need help with firework fire damage this July 4th, contact the experts at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and will respond immediately to your call.
The Top 4 Reasons Why We Wear Shoe Covers
Our SERVPRO professionals will always go the extra mile to keep your property clean!
The professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta always treat their customer's property with the utmost respect.
When you think of a professional restoration company, what comes to mind? Probably one of the first things that pop into your head is cleanliness. And for a good reason! A business's reputation can be made or broken by how clean they keep its workspace. At SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta, we take pride in our work and always strive to maintain the highest level of cleanliness possible. That's why we wear shoe covers when entering a customer's property.
We want to ensure that we are doing everything possible to protect your property from damage and our shoe covers do just that. We wear shoe covers for many reasons, but today we will discuss the top four! So, without further ado, let's get started!
What are shoe covers?
Shoe covers, also called "booties," are worn over a person's shoes to protect a property from further damage. They are made of sturdy material, such as polypropylene, and can be cleaned and disinfected. Shoe covers are an essential part of any professional restoration company, as they help prevent cross-contamination between different areas of the property.
The best shoe covers are:
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Non-slip reusable and disposable
- Will fit any shoe size
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta has researched and tested to ensure our employees wear the highest quality shoe covers. Our quality shoe covers ensure we do everything possible to protect your property!
Four reasons why we wear shoe covers
Now that you know what shoe covers are, let's discuss the top four reasons why our professionals always wear them when entering a customer's home or business. Here are the four main reasons why the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta always wear shoe covers when entering a customer's property:
1) To protect the property owner's floors from potential damage: Shoe covers consist of sturdy material, such as polypropylene, which helps protect the floors from any potential damage.
2) To prevent cross-contamination between different areas of the property: Shoe covers help prevent cross-contamination between other areas of the property by keeping the shoes clean and free of dirt and debris.
3) To avoid tracking any dirt or debris from outside: Shoe covers help prevent tracking in any dirt or debris from outside, which can help keep the work area clean and organized.
4) To show respect for the property owner's home or business: Wearing shoe covers shows respect for the property owner's home or business and shows that we are taking steps to protect their property.
These are just some of the reasons why the professionals at SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta always wear shoe covers when entering a customer's property. We want to ensure that we are doing everything possible to protect your property from damage, and our shoe covers help us do just that!
We hope you enjoyed learning about the reasons why we wear shoe covers. As you can see, when you choose to call us for services, we will go the extra mile to clean your home or business and protect it from further damage by using shoe covers!
SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta is here to help you with all your water, fire, and mold damage needs. We are a locally owned and operated company with over 20 years of experience in the industry. We are available 24/7 to help you get your life back to normal as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about our services, please contact us at any time. We are always here to help!