Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO
If your property has recently experienced a fire and needs professional fire damage repair in Atlanta, the experts at SERVPRO are fully prepared to get the job done efficiently, thoroughly and quickly. Property fires are traumatic occurrences that cause tremendous stress and confusion for the entire family, even after the fire is gone. When you trust a professional company for fire damage repair in Atlanta, you not only get fire restoration, but the peace of mind knowing you are in the best hands to clean your home and revive it back to good standing condition.
Since 1967, SERVPRO has proudly served residents and business owners in professional fire damage repair in Atlanta, including fire damage cleanup and odor removal. Throughout every step of the fire damage repair process, the experts at SERVPRO go above and beyond to make sure the process is completed efficiently and thoroughly. We understand how traumatic and devastating fires can be, which is why we make sure to provide compassionate customer service every step of the way.
For the best fire damage repair in the city, you can trust the experts at SERVPRO. With attendants available around the clock, 24/7, we are ready and prepared to set up an inspection for you as soon as possible.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (404) 835-0200
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.