Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Following the inspection and damage assessment step, the water extraction process will begin, during which the majority of water in your property will be removed. Since 1967, the experienced professionals at SERVPRO have conducted the most reliable and thorough emergency water removals in Atlanta. During the water removal step, our team uses powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly and efficiently remove hundreds or even thousands of gallons of water from your property to prepare for the drying process.
For emergency water removal in Atlanta, you can rely on SERVPRO. With over 50 years of experience in water damage restoration, our team is equipped and certified to handle any water damage job, large or small. With attendants available 24/7 around-the-clock, you can call us anytime at (404) 835-0200 to set up an inspection as soon as possible.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Downtown Atlanta can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.